Monday, July 18, 2005

Former fearless leader

Somewhat in the spirit of Jo's post, I thought I'd call your attention to Jim Hynes' piece in Salon about reading Anna Karenina for the first time. It's a part of Salon’s summer school series, where authors read cannonical books they think they should have read ages ago and comment on them. Jim liked Anna K, which is a relief. If he hadn't I would have needed to find a way to unlearn everything he taught last semester, as it's one of my favorites. The series itself is engaging, and has made me feel both less guilty (big confession) about having never read The Wapshot Chronicle, and less likely to.

In other news, I'll be in Iowa City this week. My alcohol tolerance has diminished in recent months, so I should be really fun, really quickly. If anyone's still around and is interested in coming out to play, call or email.

5 Comments:

At 1:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 2:44 PM, Blogger Ian said...

In the Blog World, is "Anonymous" strickly another word for "Asshole," or can it have other meanings?

 
At 7:11 PM, Blogger umbilicalkid said...

Bananas
Milk
Bread
Soda Water
Cinnamon Toast Crunch (large)
beer
peanut butter (crunchy)
peanut butter (creamy)
bologna
mayo
paper towels


Now, that's an grocery list of really uninteresting groceries...

or is it?

 
At 1:00 PM, Blogger Manaster said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 1:01 PM, Blogger Manaster said...

I could think of some interesting things to do with that peanut butter...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home