Thursday, May 04, 2006

The New Yorker Corrects A Short Story

Did you guys see that the New Yorker ran a correction to Martin Amis' short story, "The Last Days of Muhammad Atta"? They noted that the story contained a reference to Newark Airport, and that that name hadn't been used until 2002.

I remember reading somewhere that the NYer used to fact-check all its stories... I wonder how this particular correction arose! It's been awhile since I've seen something like that. What did you all think?...

-VVG

1 Comments:

At 7:32 PM, Blogger SAS said...

I know, I know. How strange. The New Yorker letters to the editor are fast becoming the first place I look when the magazine appears in my tiny mailbox two weeks late and all torn up. I want Harper Lee to write again.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home