Thursday, August 03, 2006

F.X. O'Toole and Kevin Costner

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1220503,00.html

Are book reviewers ever going to get tired of writing opening sentences like this one? No? Oh well. (Sorry it's not a live link...)

Field of Dreams is going to be screened in Dyersville, Iowa, on August 11th. Kevin Costner is going to be there and he's going to play a free concert with his band. Sometimes I wish I still lived in Iowa... and then I hear that Kevin Costner has a band.

How is everyone?

Regards,

2 Comments:

At 12:07 PM, Blogger Lulu said...

Dear debutantes,

Lately I've had daydreams about moving to Austin, so I was encouraged by this expletive-laden encomium to the Lone Star literary canon, courtesy of one Mr. James Hynes.

 
At 4:59 PM, Blogger Grendel said...

I heard from someone who went to this that Costner's band was "beyond terrible."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home