Thursday, October 05, 2006

See Dog, See Debate


Wow. Where is everyone?

While Ian is away in the land of the flying corn, I've decided to send Balou to doggie day care. Forgive me please my sorry self -- all I do (still) is talk about my dog -- but I've just found this wonderful wonderful thing: I can watch my dog on my computer.
Some things I didn't expect:
1. How high my heart jumps every time he walks near the webcam.
2. How often I wonder if he can sense me watching him.
3. How many people I've already told about this.

See my dogs and the dogs of others here:
  • Pet Spot

  • Balou is in Upstairs Playroom One. I know it won't be the same for you because it won't be your dog, but the experience is rather like watching fish swim in a tank (only it's dogs in a room) and people do that (sometimes straight through meals) even though they don't know and love any of the fish in the tank.

    In the interest of redeeming myself, here's some non-dog related junk:

    As many of you may know, the political scene in Ohio is very hot at present. The stakes are high and the campaign dollars are big and dirty. Ken Blackwell and Ted Strickland (kind of) debated economics last night in Cincinnati. Read about it here:
  • Debate Spot

  • My favorite part of the evening: Blackwell claims he knows Roy Rogers and he knows that Strickland is not Roy Rogers. Strickland claims that he too knows Roy Rogers and that Blackwell is not Ronald Reagan.

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home