Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Breaking


News of the substandard conditions awaiting wounded soldiers at VA hospitals and clinics seemed (to me) a little slow to break big. We've been reading for some time of the differences bewteen the injuries of this war and the ones for which the hospitals are equipped. The Washington Post started reporting on mouse droppings and black mold in February. And now the story is everywhere. I wonder if other stories will have similar tragectories. In particular, I wonder about this one, appearing now at Salon. Go there to read about what some of the 165,000 women who have served in Iraq have seen and experienced. Something bothers me about the way this story was written and I'm not sure exactly what yet, but it delivers the news.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home