Friday, January 06, 2006

Lacquered


Like speed bumps, the holidays. And now that we're over them, I have a set of festive holiday dishes, a culture of bath products, and some giant under armor to wrangle. I wonder what the right thing to do with these things is. Returning would mean requesting a receipt. A terrible prospect. Stowing it all away would make me feel fat. Where does one donate such a thing as a lacquered sports towel? A pair of loafers made of memory foam? A calendar about Elvis's dietary compulsions?

4 Comments:

At 2:22 PM, Blogger Manaster said...

One word. Ebay.

 
At 10:50 AM, Blogger SAS said...

Really? That one word seems like it would take so much work. I'd have to pack and ship a calendar! I was thinking more along the lines of a drive-by flinging of the calendar.

 
At 8:49 AM, Blogger Manaster said...

It is a pain, but you might get absurd satisfaction knowing that someone out there is willing to pay $5.12 for said calendar. I once bet my sister that if we tried to sell a jar of Betty Crocker cream cheese frosting on Ebay, no one would bid on it. I was wrong. We sold the frosting for $.98, plus the cost of shipping.

 
At 2:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You could fling the Elvis calendar at my house if you wanted to.

If interested:
knightswriter@hotmail.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home